[Asterisk-Users] SipTone II

Clive Carter clive.carter at sbcs.co.uk
Mon Nov 22 06:40:01 MST 2004

>> >Anybody used the above phone with asterisk
>> >
>> >I have one working ok for calls, but having a problem with voice mail.
>> >
>> >Using either the 'Voice mail function key' or dialing 88 (for my system)
>> >just gets me to Call Terminated
>> >Asterisk CLI shows the error message 'unable to get User name'
>> >My Grandstream works ok, asking for User name, then Password
>> >Any ideas ?
>> >
>> >--
>> >Clive
>

>>On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:44:13 -0800, Michael Swan <swan at neon.com> wrote:

>> At 02:55 AM 11/19/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>

>> Hi Clive,
>>
>> I've been using a SipTone II for quite a while. Great phone but kind of
>> pricey.
>>
>> I got the VM key working by configuring the Voicemail Server item
>> in the Phone Configuration web interface section as follows:
>>         sip:voicemailextension at asterisk.company.com
>> where voicemailextension is the extension number for accessing
>> voicemail in * and asterisk.company.com is the domain name or
>> IP address of your * machine.
>>
>> I'm using Firmware version: SipTone 1.2.0 rc Z_8.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Michael Swan
>> Neon Software, Inc.
>>

>Hello,
>I had the same problem with the SipTone - it's just a matter of
>setting the dtmfmode in the sip.conf file.
>
>I think I set it to "inband" -  I remember setting it to either that
>or "rfc2833" or whatever that rfc number is - the correct number is
>available in the sip.conf fdile itslf. Just fiddle with the dtmf mode
>- either inband or rfc and u'll be fine.

>Hope this helps.
>Shireen

Thanks guys.
Tried all suggestions above and some of my own. Nothing worked,
Tried every combination OF INFO, RFC2833, Inband on phone and in Sip. No good

In desparation I reset EVERYTHING to defaul, rebooted, then put all my data back in.

IT WORKS !

Must have made a typo or something in the phone setup, but I'm damned if I could find it.

Only thing that stopped working now is the VM button, even tho that is set up as per Michaels instructions.
I can get at the voicemail by dialling 88 anyway, so I am leaving it alone :-)

Thanks again.

--
Clive

Email	: clive.carter at sbcs.co.uk