[Asterisk-Users] Strange Fromuser behavior?

E. Versaevel erik at infopact.nl
Mon Nov 22 05:53:08 MST 2004

Hmm, a bit closer, Asterisk seems to do the asterisk@ part only with non
numeric usernames, ie 1234 at blaat.com stays 1234 at asteriskbox but
erik at blaat.com turns into asterisk at asteriskbox

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] Namens E. Versaevel
Verzonden: maandag 22 november 2004 13:27
Aan: 'Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion'
Onderwerp: [Asterisk-Users] Strange Fromuser behavior?

Strange things are happening at my asterisk box :)
I've got asterisk setup to dail out with sip to my SIP provider.
I've got NO fromuser/fromdomain stuff setup in my sip.conf

When I place a call with my Siemens Optipoint 400 SIP phone everything is
allright, the From: header is stating the username of the Siemens phone.
When I place a call with X-Lite the From: header is altered and reads
asterisk at host instead of X-Liteusername at host.

Any idea how this is possible?

Kind reagards,

E. Versaevel

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: