[Asterisk-Users] Examples of hardware implementations

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Sun Nov 21 21:31:15 MST 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 04:17:15AM +0200, Philip Trauring spake thusly:
> Can some people post some configurations they've implemented when
> deploying an * system for let's say 25-50 stations and maybe a larger
> 200 station system? I would assume some kind of chassis with some DSP

For a 25-50 station or even 200 station system your typical PC will work
just fine. Store the voicemails etc on the internal hard drive. Running a
PBX really does not take much computing power at all unless we are talking
about hundreds of simultaneously active channels (like you might find in a
company with thousands and thousands of employees).

--
Tracy Reed    http://copilotcom.com
This message is cryptographically signed for your protection.