[Asterisk-Users] Just getting started...

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sun Nov 21 13:43:00 MST 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Michael Van Donselaar wrote:

> I think that iaxComm is currently the only other iax softphone for linux
> http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/iaxcomm/index.html

  Thanks for the lead.  I gave it a try on SuSE 8.1, and it failed with a
library incompatibility.  I tried it on SuSE 9.1, and it starts up, but
segfaults when I a) try to preview a ringtone, b) attempt to dial.
This is with the precompiled binary.  Mebbe I'll try compiling from source
and see if I get better luck...

I added an entry to the directory as the web page suggested, but I can't
seem to figure out how to dial another station directly.  I don't have an
account on any server yet, so I was just hoping to dial another instance
on another box on the LAN.

I also found ziaxphone, which is an implementation for the Zaurus.  It
took a few edits to permissions and the startup script to get it to run on
my SL-5600, but now that seems to run stable.  Now as soon as I can get
iaxcomm running, I'll have something to test against...

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin