[Asterisk-Users] Just getting started...

Wilson Pickett wilson.pickett at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 04:44:44 MST 2004

> Here's my current plan:
> <snip>
> Sounds like a plan?

You asked for advice, here comes some that few will approve of  :)

FWIW I tried to get gnophone running and got no further than you did.
What struck me though was that I have a very linux wise programmer
friend and associate that never got it running either.

The unpalatable advice of mine is that for initial testing, it would
be good if you could either have a Windows box or laptop to avail
yourself of the larger number of softphones, among them a few that
work pretty well, or, bite the bullet and buy an IAXy if you can
afford it and feel you'll be investing in one later. Or try SIP just
to get things running.

hth