[Asterisk-Users] SIP Phones-Receptionist Setup

Nicolás Gudiño asternic at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 08:09:30 MST 2004

Hi,

> Me and another guy are working on LCD drivers etc for Linux.  The thing
> is, the display would be run from your Asterisk Server. I.E. It will
> need to be run from either Parallel, Serial or USB port.  We will open
> source it once finished, and are not too far off, probably just a spare
> day would do it...the problem is finding a spare day.  I guess the other
> option would be to use one of the small PC's to run Asterisk and a panel
> on the receptionists desk.

I'm the developer of FOP. I was busy the last weeks with a related
project: to build little LCD 2x16 lines boxes to display call status
for phone booths. We have a prototype working, it is connected to the
serial port and displays the name of the location you are dialing, and
the rate of the call. When the call starts, a timer and the current
cost of the call.

The software side is just a client for op_server.pl wirtten in PERL,
similar to the flash client, but for feeding the LCD display.

As I see there is a need for BLF indicators of some sort, I might
consider on making such a piece of hardware. A hardware panel with LCD
or just leds for lines, connected to the serial port of a linux pc (it
can be the asterisk machine or another one).

If there is enough interest, we can make it a reality... The question
is: what features do you need and how much are you willing to pay for
it.

Regards,

--
Nicolás Gudiño