[Asterisk-Users] SIP Phones-Receptionist Setup

Brian Roy mister.roy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 20:25:38 MST 2004

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:58:48 -0800, Tracy R Reed
<treed at copilotconsulting.com> wrote:
> I proposed something like this to a client but the receptionist has other
> duties for her computer and does not want to have to have the operator
> panel up all the time or go searching for the window in the taskbar every
> time a call comes in. Nor does she want another computer on her desk
> dedicated to just this. People don't like to change and to achieve maximum
> success * needs to be able to replicate what the client is accustomed to.

I would look at putting a dual monitor on her desk. You can pick up a
15" flat panel and a video card for about the same cost as the SNOM.
Not to mention, you get quite a bit more benifite from the FOP
controls than you do busy lamp fields. It's a a new era here folks.
Asterisk is not your dad's pbx.

-Chuji