[Asterisk-Users] Problems with call files (/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing)

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Sat Nov 20 16:29:24 MST 2004

I've seen other posts about this problem, but I haven't found a solution.

I'm dumping eight call files into the "outgoing" directory at one time.
  Three of the calls are successful while the other five are lost.  Here
is the call file:

Channel: Zap/g2/3036701917
MaxRetries: 1000
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 45
Application: TxFAX
Data: <filename>.tiff|caller

Note: All calls are going to the same fax machine, so some attempts on
the second line will get a busy signal (there are two POTS lines in
group 2).

In the messages log, I get many of the following set:

Unable to request channel Zap/g2/3036701917
Call failed to go through, reason 0
Can't change device with no technology!

In message log I also get:
Call completed to Zap/g2/3036701917
for the successful calls.

Is there a workaround for this?  If an outgoing call can't get a free
line or gets a busy then I would want it to be retried later.

I'm using today's cvs and spandsp-pre6.

Thanks,
Mike

P.S.  I've changed the call file to "Channel: Zap/27/3036701917" so it
uses only one outgoing POTS line.  With this change, I'm still getting
the "Unable to request..." message set, but I'm not losing call files
(the calls are being retried).  All eight faxes are successfully
delivered using one outgoing line.

This tells me that getting a busy signal causes the call file to be
removed and not retried. Bug?

Cheers,

--
Michael Welter