[Asterisk-Users] zaphfc sound problems

Tim Robinson timweb at txrx.org.uk
Sat Nov 20 07:55:46 MST 2004

Hi

I recommend you abandon the old card with the CAPI drivers and purchase
a second HFC card.  You can get them for around £10/EUR15 approx if you
shop around on the net.  You need to use zaphfc and the native zaptel
and libpri drivers.  You will need the bristuff from

http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/downloads/bristuff-0.2.0-rc2b.tar.gz

which has a script to download and install the whole thing automatically.

The HFC card will generate 8000 interrupts per second.  it is normal
operation.  Do make sure you are not sharing these IRQs or you will have
problems.

I have 3 HFC cards running in an Celeron 400.

Rgds
Tim