[Asterisk-Users] Setting the EXTEN variable - is it possible?

Michael Vogel icarus at dabo.de
Sat Nov 20 07:32:44 MST 2004

Hi!

Now I think I know how to handle AGI from PHP. I'm about to write an
AGI-script that enables me to dial numbers of different lengths. I've
got a PhoneJack and the "chan_phone" releases the digits directly when
entered. So it isn't possible to define dialplans with different lengths
of digits.

Now I wrote a PHP script. It isn't perfect by now. But when it is it
will not only have a normal timeout. But the timeout will be calculated
depending on the input speed of the user.

Now its the question what to do with the number.

I can program a dialplan in PHP. That's no problem.

But I want to see if its possible to use the standard dialplan as
defined in the extension.conf.

The dialed extensions is in the global variable "EXTEN". But it seems to
me as if it isn't possible to manually set this variable and rerun the
dialplan?

Or is there any way to do so?

Thanks!

Michael