[Asterisk-Users] Fax testing using loop-back

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Sat Nov 20 06:33:49 MST 2004

I'm writing a fax server using Steve Underwood's spandsp package.

I have email to fax working.  I can send an email with pdf/ps
attachments to mike at 3036701918.fax, and * will TxSend the content to the
fax machine on that number (my internal qmail server forwards .fax
domains to the qmail server on the */fax server).

I also have fax to email working.  I can fax to 3036701917, a line on
the */fax server, and it will detect and TxRecv the fax and then email
the content as a pdf attachment back to me.

So, to save a little paper, I would like to TxSend out on one * line to
a different * line which will TxRecv (a loop back scenario).  Using a
butt set, I can hear the two lines connect and the negotiation tones
between the two "modems".  I can then hear about one second of white
noise, (which I believe is hdlc data), and, after that, one "modem"
becomes silent while the other sends negotiation tones (forever).  I
have to manually unplug the lines from the TDM card to reset.

In my call file, I do have "Data /tmp/file.tiff|caller" specified.

Does anyone have this working?

Thanks,
Mike

P.S. Does anyone know of a MS Word to PDF/PS converter that runs on Linux?

--
Michael Welter
Introspect Telephony Corp.
mike at introspect.com