[Asterisk-Users] SipTone II

Clive Carter clive.carter at sbcs.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 05:05:09 MST 2004

Anybody used the above phone with asterisk

>I have one working ok for calls, but having a problem with voice mail.
>
>Using either the 'Voice mail function key' or dialing 88 (for my system)
>just gets me to Call Terminated
>Asterisk CLI shows the error message 'unable to get User name'
>My Grandstream works ok, asking for User name, then Password
>Any ideas ?
>

>> Hi Clive,

>> I've been using a SipTone II for quite a while. Great phone but kind of
>> pricey.

>> I got the VM key working by configuring the Voicemail Server item
>> in the Phone Configuration web interface section as follows:
>>          sip:voicemailextension at asterisk.company.com
>> where voicemailextension is the extension number for accessing
>> voicemail in * and asterisk.company.com is the domain name or
>> IP address of your * machine.

>> I'm using Firmware version: SipTone 1.2.0 rc Z_8.

>> Hope this helps.

>> Michael Swan

Thanks for your reply Michael. I don't think I explained my problem very well.
I was dialling '88' (my voicemail extension) from the Siptone  to get to Voicemail.
I have tried your tip , but with the same result

The CLI shows

Executing VoiceMailMain("SIP/2004-43c0","") in new stack
Playing 'vm-login'
WARNING [655381]  app-voicemail.c:2748 vn-execmain : Couldnt read Username
Spawn extension (internal,88,2) exited non-zero on 'SIP/2004 - 9f48'
(internal is the context, 2004 is the extension of the SipTone)

The problem is that I do not hear the vm-login message. The PHONE has hung up with a message 'Call Terminated' before that comes through.

The Grandstreams have no problem getting voicemail, and just to check out, I disconnected the Siptone from the circuit, set up one of my Grandstreams with the 2004 extension, and it worked ok.

I have no problem making internal/external calls with it. Its just Voicemail.

Relevant bits of config files
SIP
[2004]
type=friend