[Asterisk-Users] Bug with Dial in AGI script?

kido noagbodji kido at cafe.tg
Sat Nov 20 04:37:21 MST 2004

Hi all,

I wrote an AGI script in perl i asked the script to dial a number

        $AGI->set_callerid($calleridnum);
        if($left > 0)
        {
            $AGI->exec('Dial',"H323/$phonenumber");
        }else{
        $res = &mystreamfile("vm-goodbye");
        $AGI->hangup();
        }

The chan_h323 registers well to my gnugk. I call the asterisk through the gatekeeper(GNUGK) using a CISCO ATA. The prompt from Asterisk PBX until database manipulation is fine. But when it dials the numbers, it rings but as soon as someone picks up the call drop.

On Asterisk i allowed the following codec: g729, gsm, ulaw and alaw. I purchased a g729 license from Digium. I know my PSTN provider supports G729 codec and G711, and my cisco is set to the G729 codec.

Can someone give me a hint?

Thanks

Kido