[Asterisk-Users] Starting AGI when handset is picked up?

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Sat Nov 20 03:08:36 MST 2004

Michael Vogel wrote:
> David Boyd schrieb:
>
>> Please read wiki pages on the configuration files. This is prominently
>> displayed for your perusal!
>> Immediate=yes in zapata.conf will start the call immediately from the s
>> extension!
>
> I think I have a problem in finding relevant information in this wiki ...
>
> Maybe since I don't use zapata I haven't found it. But I use a PhoneJack
> and in the phone.conf there is a similar option: "mode=immediate"
>
> It works. Now I have got to find out how to make AGI play the dialtone
> until a digit is entered.
>
> I found several commands like "Playtones" but it doesn't work ...

Have a look at DISA:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20cmd%20DISA

Excerpt:

DISA (Direct Inward System Access) Allows someone from outside the
telephone switch (PBX) to obtain an "internal" system dialtone and to
place calls from it as if they were placing a call from within the
switch. A user calls a number that connects to the DISA application and
is given dialtone and context.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell