[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice

Fri Nov 19 15:01:09 MST 2004

I also tried Broadvoice,  I had the same problems and quality of
service.  The real problems started however whenever I tried to cancel
the service....

When I decided cancel, I contacted them 2 WEEKS before my billing date
and asked them to stop my account at the end of the month so as to not
get charged for another months worth of service. I would still have 2
weeks of service left, however I had already switched my Asterisk box
over to use Nufone and Gafachi so it didn't matter,    I also notified
Broadvoice using e-mail, which their support had instructed me to do,
and I got a reply indicating they had received and was sorry that I was
leaving...  Well, they never cancelled the account, and two weeks later,
I got an email from Broadvoice saying my Credit Card had been billed for
another months service.

When I called to ask them for a refund and demand that the account be
cancelled, I had some bozo in support searching thru my call records to
make sure that I had not made a call on the account that THEY neglected
to close.  The support guy then claimed that I had made a phone call on
the account and was not due the refund.  Ok, stop for a minute; 1) How
could I have made the phone call if they would have closed the account
when I had instructed them too?  2) I hadn't made any phone calls with
them for two weeks!   3) Why was this guy searching my call records for
a simple account cancelation dispute?

I had to end up filing a complaint with my credit card company to get
the refund.
My suggestions:

Stay away......