[Asterisk-Users] SS7 for *

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Fri Nov 19 07:29:44 MST 2004

On 19/11/2004 21:30 Steve Underwood said the following:
> I can't imagine anyone successfully integrating openss7 into anything. I
> believe it works OK on its own, and is in use as a gateway. It wasn't

as a gateway between what ? if it's SS7 on one side, what's on the other ?
SIGTRAN (SS7 over IP) on top of SCTP ?

> We paid the US$1k you need to pay to get access to the openss7 code, and
> it just wasted our time.

from my impression of the www.openss7.org site, it looked like they were
licensing the source under the GPL, with other bits under the LGPL. does
the license you bought specifically for handling closed source uses of the
openss7 code ?

but seriously, we are interested in the ss7 for * work you've done, and the
need for a commercial license doesn't phase us. we don't mind paying for
it, but it needs to be asterisk on freebsd. would this be doable ?

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/