[Asterisk-Users] Unpredictables Hangups

Stefano Finetti sfinetti at lynxautodelta.it
Fri Nov 19 04:19:49 MST 2004

Hello all,

i'm experiencing a list of unpredictables hangup on SIP phones using a PRI
E100P Card.

All i can see in logs is

" WARNING[81931]: File chan_zap.c, Line 5402 (zt_pri_error): PRI: Read on 37
failed: Unknown error 500"

I receive a lot of these errors in asterisk/messages.

It doesn't seem to be strictly linked to hangups, since i have dozen of
these messages per minute and i have completely random hangups on lines.

Moreover, lines don't fall togheter (eg i don't see channels restart nor all
phone calls are hungup in the same moment).

I'm using stable asterisk 1.0, with correspondant libpri and zaptel, and all
phones are Snom 105 SIP Phones. Hangups happen only if i use Zap lines, when
i use phones for internal calls all goes fine.

Hardware is a P4 1.7Ghz with 512Mb of RAM, on a Gygabite Motherboard.
E100P has it's own IRQ level (not shared and below 15).

Installation has been done on a RedHat9 system with 2.4 kernel taken from
kernel.org (2.4.18).

I desperately need any kind of possible help, since here my boss is planning
to wipe asterisk from our office and return to a traditional PBX.

I can exclude problems in PRI line from Telco and problems due to the cable
(it's a shielded cable made from a telco operator)

Thanks in advance,
--
Stefano Finetti
Technical Coordinator