[Asterisk-Users] Can some bady help me ???

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Thu Nov 18 22:29:34 MST 2004

Rodney Acosta Coya wrote:
> look at this:
>
> linux:/media/cdrom/suse/i586 # rpm -i gcc-c++*
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         libstdc++-devel is needed by gcc-c++-3.3.3-43.25
>         gcc = 3.3.3-43.25 is needed by gcc-c++-3.3.3-43.25
>
> how i can solve the second dependence

Rodney I don't think you're at a level of understanding of Linux yet
where any amount of help you get on this list is going to help you.

You are first going to have to become comfortable with the Linux
platform, learn the basics of compilation and installation, understand
how the packaging mechanism works, and THEN worry about getting Asterisk
going.

The messages you are posting to this list, and sometimes you post the
same message or almost the same message more than once and even under
different subjects, and unfortunate proof that you lack the basic level
of understanding needed to get this project going.

What will happen is that because of your lack of understanding, at each
stage the list people will help you--as they so kindly have been
doing--and then the next little glitch will arise, and you will be back
here again with another message, or more.

You really need to commit yourself to spending some time on basic
education--get a beginner's guide to Linux, to Red Hat, to the various
things you want to do.  Play with the system following those guides
first, and then you will be able to compile Asterisk and install it with
enough understanding of what you are doing to avoid the many problems
you appear to be having.

Just a suggestion, but I'm afraid if you don't follow it soon you are
going to be in trouble on the list.

B.