[Asterisk-Users] DS3 PCI in asterisk

Race Vanderdecken asterisk at vanderdecken.com
Thu Nov 18 14:08:10 MST 2004

Okay,

	Dumb question.

	Why can't I convert the DS3 input to SIP Output, no transcoding,
straight G.711, all in one box?

	Maybe I am missing something. I am not a channel bank guy. Hate
them. I am a VOIP H.323 SIP guy.

	Is there a card that will give me a network/Ethernet stream in
memory that I can send in/out as SIP calls?

	I can write the software, I just need a card that will talk to
me.

	Yes I know the bandwidth from a DS3 to SIP calls means I need 2
DS3's worth of space back out the door.

	But think about transcoding, if you want it, on a networked box.
Just a DS3 in one box and route the rest of the work to other boxes.

Tyrant