[Asterisk-Users] More than 20 FXS

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Thu Nov 18 12:19:48 MST 2004

> Hi everyone,
>   Could someone tell me if I could make a Asterisk PBX + Digium
> hardware with more than 20 FXS? If I have a 5 PCI PC, I could only
> plug 5 TDM40B (4-port FXS) maximun. Is there a solution, a hardware in
> Digium or something that let me have a PBX with about 50 or 100 FXS
> and internal phone using a Asterisk PC.
>   Thank you very much...

I think the best way to do this would probably be to get a T1 or E1
capable card like the TE410P or T100P and then get a channel bank.  It
is an external box that converts T1/E1 signalling to standard analog
lines.  It can give you all of the 24 lines available on a T1 as FXS
ports.  There's popular model that a lot of people are using, the
Rhino:

http://www.channelbanks.com/

I don't use this kind of a setup, so I can't vouch for it.  Anybody
else?  Is this a good unit?