[Asterisk-Users] [OT] PoE switch question (Netgear FSM7326P works with Cisco)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Thu Nov 18 09:34:07 MST 2004

Jeb Campbell wrote:

> Actually the Netgear FSM7326P does work (we have 4 of them).  And they
> work with regular PoE.  Great price for layer 3, 24 ports of 10/100 PoE,
> and 2 gigabit.

It would be nice if Netgear would bother to document that on their
website and/or data sheet :-)

Then again, they probably didn't design any of the hardware in the box,
so the Cisco power feature wasn't really added in on purpose, it's just
there in the chips they are using. No matter, it's nice to know that it
works with them.

Now if someone would just make a non-managed PoE 12 port switch we'd be
all set for our smaller clients that can't justify the cost of a managed
switch...