[Asterisk-Users] mISDN & kernel 2.6.9

Thomas Jagoditsch tja at tjasoft.com
Thu Nov 18 05:11:43 MST 2004

hi christiaan.

Christiaan Brink schrieb:

>I'm currently busy on a similar application with a hfc-card.  However, my
>needs is to interface the ISDN card in NE-mode with the operator.  If tried
>using Hisax but ran into a problem with the voice quality being bad in one
>directions.
>
>How did you manage to get chan_capi going for BRI ISDN hfc card.  Any advice
>please!!!!!  Are the drivers built in? Or is it necessary to download them?
>Or are they included with chan_capi?
>
>It is likely that I will get the same errors as you are getting and then we
>can put our heads together in solving them

sorry, but i use chan_capi with the avm B1 card (this is an active one,
different then a A1/fritzcard), see my posting.
i see no way to use a hfc-based card or an avm A1/fritz with chan_capi.
so IMHO you need not chan_capi but chan_misdn (or alternatively zaphfc -
which despite trying hard i couldnt compile with the 2.6.9 kernel :-( )

maybe u could try chan_misdn (see the links in my previous post) for
pstn. would be nice to know that mISDN works at least for TE-mode.
btw. which kernel do you use ?

wbr.tja...