[Asterisk-Users] Zyxel Prestige 2002/2002L sound quality

Manuel Wenger manuel.wenger at ticinocom.com
Thu Nov 18 04:53:02 MST 2004

Hi everyone,
I've been trying a Zyxel Prestige 2002L ATA with Asterisk, but I have a
problem with very bad sound quality (using G711, it sounds very
"robotic" and metallic) and there is a very long delay in the audio.
This all doesn't happen with other ATAs (like the Grandstream HT286).
Apparently there are no parameters you can set. I already have the
latest firmware installed.

Could it be a defective unit? Does anyone have experience with this ATA?

Thanks
-Manuel