[Asterisk-Users] chan-sccp problem, phone is not registering

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Thu Nov 18 02:27:25 MST 2004

>> The manual states that 'the wireless system supports automatic
>> registration' in the paragraph about registration of the users on the
>> callmanager.
>
>> [105]
>> id          = 105
>> label       = Z4040
>> callwaiting = 0
>> mailbox     = 199
>> callerid    = 105
> If you're using CVS asterisk & chan_sccp that's no longer a valid caller
> id, see the example sccp.conf for more info

I am running Gentoo and have installed Asterisk 1.0.2 from the ebuild (not
using the CVS version). I installed the chan_sccp from the latest
available cvs version on the sourceforge page and the sccp.conf it
installed says:
;[richard]
;id          = 1002
;pin         = 1234

What would be the correct (new) syntax for id = ? I will change it just to
be sure

>> At startup asterisk shows in the log :
>> Nov 17 20:02:13 NOTICE[16384]: SCCP channel driver up and running on
>> 10.10.0.1:2000
>> Nov 17 20:02:13 NOTICE[16384]: SCCP listening on 10.10.0.1:2000
> Does the server have more then 1 IP?
> Is the DECT system on the same subnet as the server?

The system has 2 IP's but the IP 600 is on the local subnet (it
has IP 10.10.0.102)

>> There are no messages in the log other than:
>> Nov 17 20:10:20 NOTICE[229390]: Alarm Message: Severity: 2,
>> Name=SEP000770735049 [0/1711278602]
>> Nov 17 20:10:20 WARNING[229390]: Client sent IpPortMessage without first
>> registering.
>
>> Is this an error in my asterisk config or is there something wrong with my
>> config on the Kirk IP600??
> According to what I can find on the protocol (which isn't much, cisco
> are assholes about relasing info) the problem is in the IP600, what
> cofig options are there on the skinny page.
>
> Also was asterisk fully up and rtunning when the IP600 was turned on?

Yes, in fact I am using it with SIP phones for some time already, I just
wanted to add the Kirk IP 600 to the system.

> Thanks,
> Julien
> chan_sccp deveoper

Which of sccp package are you working on? I'm a bit lost with the
different versions of sccp/skinny.
There's ZoZo's version : http://zozo.org.uk/content/sccp
Jan Czmok's version    : http://chan-sccp.sourceforge.net/
Skinny as built-in in Asterisk

And I couldn't find any page that describes the differences
between the various packages/forks. I tried Jan Czmok's version because
his page states that 80% of the Cisco 7940 phone's features are supported
and the IP 600 seems to behave as a 7940's.

Thanks!!

Remco