[Asterisk-Users] TMD400 FXO <-> Nokia 32 GSM (Hangup Problems)

Leandro Morgado leandro.morgado at bragaredes.homelinux.com
Wed Nov 17 14:41:29 MST 2004

Matt Riddell wrote:

> Leandro Morgado wrote:
>
>> Correction! I do need busydetect (i had forgotten to comment it out) to
>> detect hangups. I'm not as familiar with this Smartcell GSM terminal but
>> I dont think it drops the battery when call are hung up (in
>> /var/log/messages voltage stayed at 9V during the call. After I hung up
>> asterisk detects the busytone and goes onhook sending it to 50V.)
>

> Thought you might be interested in this patch added to CVS head
> yesterday:
>
> http://www.sineapps.com/news.php?rssid=327
>
> Excerpt:
>
> This patch adds code the chan_zap.c file, to allow it to pick up the
> Polarity Reversal events and process them to indicate the remote end
> has disconnected.
>
> The code is controlled by two new options in the zapata.conf file, and
> by default, it is disabled.

Yes, thanks. I do read Asterisk News. It's a good source of info! :)

I'll give it a try sometime soon. These Nokias 32 do have the option of
reversing polarity for X ms to indicate a call is connected or they can
reverse polarity for the duration of the call.

It's nice to see development is being done in zaptel.