[Asterisk-Users] start_pri: Unable to open D-channel 24 (No such device or address)

spectro spectro at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 13:52:58 MST 2004

In my quest to determine why asterisk wont talk to our Merlin Legend I
tried moving the D-Channel in zaptel to other position. But If I try
putting it anything different than dchan=24 asterisk fails to load
with "start_pri:

"Unable to open D-channel 24 (No such device or address)"

I wonder if there is a bug where it tries d-channel 24 regardless of
dchan=x setting in zaptel.conf

Now, If I set it to 24 I get the following warning:

"No D-channels available!  Using Primary on channel anyway 24!"

This may explain why can't we get any calls through... any ideas?

Victor Perez