[Asterisk-Users] Possible to display which extensions are in use on the phone's display?

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Wed Nov 17 12:49:30 MST 2004

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 01:13:57PM -0500, Noah Miller spake thusly:
> >On our current phones (Iwatsu) we have a button on the
> >phones for each extension that lights up when that
>
> This seems to be a popular request these days.  Most places I've seen
> call this "shared lines" I thought this was impossible with Asterisk,

And it seems to be something the developers are not interested in
supporting. Whenever someone asks about this feature they are normally
told that this is a feature of small-office "key" systems and that
Asterisk has its sights set on bigger systems so this functionality is not
pursued.

--
Tracy Reed    http://copilotcom.com
This message is cryptographically signed for your protection.