[Asterisk-Users] Ringing tone on calls going out on chan_modem

Paolo Losi paolo at linux.netline.it
Wed Nov 17 04:46:48 MST 2004

Hi all,
	I set up a IS64PHHiSax: IS64PH Hisax compatible card to terminate sip
calls to PSTN. Everything works as expected but I can get no ringing tone
when the call attempt is in progress. As soon as the called party
answers everything works again. I've tried all three options for mode
parameter in modem.conf without any result.

Modem.conf is:

[interfaces]
context=remote
driver=i4l      ; isdn4linux - an alternative to i4l is to use chan_capi
language=en
type=autodetect
dialtype=tone
mode=ring