[Asterisk-Users] Hardware selection

Jon Radon jonr800 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 03:15:48 MST 2004

I think the wiki has most of this covered.  Just requires a little
reading and investigation.

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20dimensioning

I really think it's going to be impossible to account for every
variable in asterisk.  There's just too many.  Okay so we document XX
function, but with YY codec or ZZ codec?  What happens when it's in
turn used with AA function?  What CPU is required then?  There's no
end in sight.

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:09:55 +0800, Ronald Wiplinger
<ronald.wiplinger at agptelecom.com> wrote:
> Minimum P-300, PCI 2.2  is the recommendation, but how does the real world
> works?
>
> How fast should be the CPU if I have  xx functions ???
> How much RAM should I use for xx functions ???
> How much hard disk should I reserver for xx functions ???
>
> I did not write the functions, but can we make a list of how much horse power
> we need for basic plus if this function, and that  function?
>
> You will not get a CPU  below 1G, a hard disk below 80 G, RAM below 2x128 M
> anyway.
>
> What is the recommendation for the the power?
>
> bye
>
> Ronald

Is it something someone said, was it something someone said?