[Asterisk-Users] Standard messages instead of MOH during dial

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Nov 17 00:40:56 MST 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Matt Riddell wrote:

> Peter Svensson wrote:
> > I guess you just have to know that Brian is a bit trigger happy sometimes.
> > It has it's ups and downs. Things get fixed quickly, but sometimes his
> > instinct is wrong.
>
> I was beginning to think he wasn't human. Thanks for letting us know he
> makes mistakes too!

What I meant (badly phrased, I know) is that sometimes you need a bit of a
thick skin and to be prepared to stick to your guns in the Asterisk
community. This can be a rough experience when first starting out.

The trigger-happiness seems to be well correlated with being a bug
marshal. Having been in a similar position myself I understand the
tendency to think of all errors being user errors. Patience (again,
something I am hard pressed for myself) is important here.

Nowadays I try to research a lot before speaking, at lest on technical
matters. I believe that to give no answer is better than to give an
incorrect one. Of course, this swings both ways. When someone proposes
a solution it should be examined even if it seems wrong.

Peter