[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Dial Tone from PBX

Duane duane at e164.org
Tue Nov 16 18:29:59 MST 2004

Tracy R Reed wrote:

> nice feature. My clients always pick up the phone at first and assume that
> because they have dialtone they had a good connection. Wouldn't some sort
> of setting have to be changed in the phone to make the phone not generate
> dialtone and wouldn't it have to be set to automatically connect to * when
> the handset is picked up?

The grandstreams and a number of other SIP phones/devices have an auto
dial feature, simply point your phone/device to that context in your
configs etc where you call DISA().

Unless you perform additional testing first there is no simple way to
tell if the call will go through or not, I usually get round this by
having fail over, if it fails to connect to the first route, drop to the
second, then the 3rd etc...

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else.
	I only try to dance better than myself."