[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Dial Tone from PBX

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Tue Nov 16 17:59:09 MST 2004

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 10:27:38AM +1100, Duane spake thusly:
> Shekhar Prasad wrote:
> >an IAX adaptor.  Everything seems to work fine.  However, I would like
> >the dial tone signal to be generated from Asterisk when Budgetone is
> >picked up.  It generates its own signal and does not really obtain it
>
> app_disa

Is app_disa documented anywhere? I know it's in show appplication disa but
seems like it should be in the wiki or somewhere. In fact I'm surprised
all of the info from show application isn't in the wiki.  Google search
just turns up a bunch of other people talking about it who have somehow
discovered it. To make Asterisk generate the dialtone would seem to be a
nice feature. My clients always pick up the phone at first and assume that
because they have dialtone they had a good connection. Wouldn't some sort
of setting have to be changed in the phone to make the phone not generate
dialtone and wouldn't it have to be set to automatically connect to * when
the handset is picked up?

--
Tracy Reed    http://copilotcom.com
This message is cryptographically signed for your protection.