[Asterisk-Users] Recording from AGI playback is LOW

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue Nov 16 15:29:27 MST 2004

My sox version is 12.17.5 from FC3.

Jerry

Jerry Geis wrote:

>/ I am doing a record in my AGI. When I play it back at that moment
/>/ on the phone it sounds just fine.
/>/
/>/ When I do a "play file.gsm" it is REAL LOW on the soundcard
/>/ When I send dial using IAX2 to another asterisk box and play it on Zap/2
/>/ it is low also.
/>/
/>/ When I "play demo-congrats.gsm" on the soundcard it is just fine.
/>/
/>/ Any ideas why or what to do?
/
I'm chasing a similar issue (normal sound levels for calls and playback
of canned recordings, but very low voicemail volume) and noticed that
when I leave a voicemail the uncompressed WAV file is at normal volume
but the 2 compressed versions are very low volume.  Apparently under the
covers the system uses sox to create these compressed files.

My current theory is that my version of sox is old (12.17.3) and that
maybe that level of the software has volume problems when converting
files.  Tonight I plan to upgrade to a new version and see if the
problem goes away.

As an interesting data point can you do a "sox -V" and report your
version number?  If I'm right this may solve both of our problems.

Steve