[Asterisk-Users] Question about remote POTS lines

Jim Dossey jdossey at att.net
Mon Nov 15 15:57:50 MST 2004

I have a client who asked me about a situation they have.  They have a
main office and 3 remote offices.  We are installing an Asterisk server
at the main office with SIP phones in the remotes.  Each remote office
only has 1 person.  The remote offices currently have a POTS line that
has a published number.  They want to keep that number.  The problem is
that they would like to somehow link those remote POTS lines back to the
main office, so people in the main office can answer their calls when
they are away.  They could install an asterisk server in those remote
offices and link them back to the main office, but that seems like
overkill for a single POTS line.

Any ideas?