[Asterisk-Users] Traffic shaping script for kernel 2.6 and SIP?

Michael Vogel icarus at dabo.de
Mon Nov 15 15:05:03 MST 2004

rsenykoff at harrislogic.com schrieb:

> I suggest you take a look at http://lartc.org/

I already found a mailinglist called this name when "googleing" for
help. But I haven't found that page until now.

> There you can find all the info on creating a box for shaping traffic.

Great.

> Currently, I configured a P200Pro w/ 128 MB of RAM + 2NICs as a bridge +
> QoS + ntop. We run Citrix (highly interactive) traffic, Video, and soon to
> add VoIP to the mix. The P200 works great for this. I start up the bridge
> as a service, which bridges the NICs, sets an IP for the bridge (so I can
> SSH to it and hit ntop from a browser), and then runs 2 scripts, one for
> shaping each interface. You don't need the newest kernel. 2.4 or later has
> tc. You'll also want bridge-utils for this kind of use.

I am stuck to 2.6. I don't want to run a second machine. I want to reuse
the server I already use for mail (smtp, imap), news, webmail, packet
radio station, internet node (for packet radio) and proxy. Due to some
technical reasons (I use an experimental kernelpatch) I can only use
2.6. But I already made the "tc" command work. (at first it made some
trouble since Debian Woody isn't really made for kernel 2.6)

> I suggest you read up on CBQ and HTB and SFQ queueing disciplines. These
> should help you the most. The LARTC mailing list is also quite helpful.

I will take a look.

Thanks!

Michael