[Asterisk-Users] ADSI questions for a 390 ADSI Phone

Seth Remington sremington at saberlogic.com
Mon Nov 15 14:33:39 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 15:40, Rob Emanuele wrote:
> I got a 390 Adsi phone (unlocked) hooked to my wct400.  It seems too work
> pretty well.  I'm having two little problems with it.
>
> 1) The idle title screen will not show up unless I manually press service
> and select "Asterix PBX".  What seems odd is that if I do not manually
> select it it follows the script correctly if the phone goes off hook.
> Summing up, my title screen is the Time and date (when it should say
> "Asterisk PBX" and have a soft key for voice mail) and going off hook
> shows "Asterisk PBX" and 3 soft keys programmed.

The quick short answer is load your script into *both* the first and
second slots. The first slot is triggered when the phone detects call
activity. The second slot automatically gets loaded after being idle for
6-7 seconds. It sounds nice in theory but in practice it leads to mass
confusion (in my mind anyway) and strange behavior when I have different
programs in the first two slots. I sure some of that is my fault ;)

I have something like this in my dial plan to load the ADSI programs:

exten => 300,1,ADSIProg(saberlogic1.adsi)
exten => 300,2,ADSIProg(saberlogic2.adsi)
exten => 300,3,Hangup

The only difference between the two is the FDN and SECURITY parameters
at the top of the script.

> 2) Comedian mail always asks to download it self when it it already on the
> phone.

Comedian Mail tries to do a FDM download (download a new script) to the
phone first. If you don't change the FDN and security code to point to
an unused slot you are either going to overwrite another script or get a
download refused error.

If you are running an older CVS version then you have to make a small
source code change in app_voicemail.c and recompile. I wrote a small
patch that lets you define this in the voicemail.conf file that went
into CVS a little before the 1.0 release so if you are running the
stable branch or CVS HEAD add the following to the [general] section in
voicemail.conf:

adsifdn=7BC6450C
adsisec=9B609430

That would load Comedian Mail into the third slot on the phone. You
could put it into the fourth slot if you wish by setting the appropriate
FDN and security code.

> In other news, is there documentation for the ".adsi" scripts anywhere?

None other than the asterisk.adsi sample and the source code that I am
aware of. Browsing through res_adsi.c and app_adsiprog.c is very
enlightening.

-Seth

--
Seth Remington