[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk scalability IVR/Voicemail only

Brian Walker bwalker at isdomaininc.com
Mon Nov 15 13:37:25 MST 2004

I have searched a bit on the Wiki and mailing list archives, but didn't
see direct information regarding my scenario:

1. Asterisk for IVR/Voicemail ONLY (no PSTN, no MOH) 2. BudgeTone IP
phones and HandyTone 286 ATAs 3. SIP only - separate
Proxy+Registrar+CallRouter on other servers 4. G.711u codec,
dtmfmode=rfc2883 5. No NAT/firewall (private ethernet network)

What I'm looking for is scalability factors:

1. concurrent users accessing IVR and retrieving VM 2. concurrent
mailboxes receiving VM (greeting playback, recording a msg) 3. impact of
using configuration files vs. postgres vs. mysql

Considering these specs for the Asterisk server, will adjust in
accordance with scalability forecast: RHEL3 on single Xeon 3.2GHz, 4GB
RAM

Does anyone have general statistics/findings? Much appreciated!

My apologies if this info is already out there somewhere in the
archives.