[Asterisk-Users] irq CPU state

Ryan Courtnage ryan-lists at voxbox.ca
Mon Nov 15 07:32:15 MST 2004

Hi all,

I have a particular install of a tdm400p (REV E/F) in which 'top'
reports the irq CPU state is constantly >50%.  ie:

CPU states:  cpu    user    nice  system    irq  softirq  iowait    idle
           total    0.7%    0.0%    0.5%  50.4%     0.0%    0.0%   48.1%

The above is _without_ Asterisk running.  The heavy irq usage will cease
the moment I rmmod wcfxs.

The card has 2 fxo and 2 fxs ports.  However, even if I comment out all
the channels in zaptel.conf & run ztcfg (ie: 0 channels configured), and
then reinsert wcfxs ... the irq CPU state still jumps to >50%.

I suspect that either the digium card is bad, or my motherboard is to
blame (Asus A7N8X).  Does this behaviour sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan