[Asterisk-Users] Cisco ATA and G729

Brian Wilkins brian at hcc.net
Mon Nov 15 04:50:13 MST 2004

The registration code is tied to your MAC address. For instance, I have one E1
card with 30 channels for testing purposes. So I purchased thirty g729
licenses at $10 each. The channels can be resused, so the one time fee is
$300.  All you need to do to install the codec is download the codec_g729.so
file and place it in your modules directory. Then, download the registration
program from the Digium website once you receive your registration code. It
will tie the registration code to your MAC Address. Go here to download and
purchase the codec: http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=asterisk_g729

The g729 codec is patented, so you must pay for it if you want to use it.