[Asterisk-Users] Cisco ATA and G729

kido noagbodji kido at cafe.tg
Mon Nov 15 09:08:51 MST 2004

Hi,

Thanks Brian. As you said the cisco tries the codec one by one. When i only
enable codec that can be supported i have no sound problem. Thanks.
Question though, As you suggested i would like to use the g729 codec but
before i purchase it from digium can i have a sort of demo version? Also do
i have an easy way to install the codec under FreeBSD? It was tough enough
to install asterisk even with the FreeBSD ports.
BTW for the $10 per channel should i consider $10 for H323 channel $10 for
the SIP channel (for instance), or is it $10 per number of concurrent calls
wanted regardless of the protocols used?

Thanks,

Kido