[Asterisk-Users] Cisco ATA and G729

kido noagbodji kido at cafe.tg
Mon Nov 15 08:23:34 MST 2004

Hello all,

>* However, when i set my Cisco ATA to G711, i can't hear any sound unless I press at least two or three keys(any random keys). I am using the demo context of >extension.conf file. Can that be due to a fast start problem? Anyone knows how to checkthe faststartcapabilities of an ATA 186?

Funny enough when i disabled the gsm, g729, g723 codec, it works fine (no need to press any key), with the alaw and the ulaw codec. I guess the ATA default to the alaw and the ulaw when it does not find the other codecs, However that is a lot of bandwidth i am wasting ...

Before i licensed the g729 codec, is there a way i can "test" it?

Many Thanks

Kido