[Asterisk-Users] SIP (or IAX) modem driver

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Mon Nov 15 00:34:40 MST 2004

Hello,

This might be a wild chase, but I'm looking for a driver / daemon
/ asterisk app which on one side speaks SIP or IAX, and on the other
side is a modem emulator.

Or to explain with an example: On my *nix box I want to start a
terminal program (minicom, kermit, whatever), connect to a virtual
modem which then connects to a SIP server. And when a call comes
in on that SIP server, it sets up a connection to the modem program
which sends an RING to the terminal program.

Does anybody know if such a driver / daemon / asterisk app exists
(for Linux preferably).

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org