[Asterisk-Users] AU PSTN Tone / Progress Detection

Kimble Young kimble at swiftdsl.com.au
Mon Nov 15 00:18:31 MST 2004

Stuart,

Just use ISDN BRI. Only a few dollars more per month for 2 lines of ISDN
than one phone line. There is certified equipment for Australia such as
the fritz! and others.

POTS can be very unreliable in terms of quality and , of course, tone
detection. Call progress is spot on perfect with ISDN. You can play
music or a ringing tone to the caller until the exact moment the other
end picks up.

Regards,

Kimble Young