[Asterisk-Users] Best setup for BudgeTone

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Sun Nov 14 12:51:22 MST 2004

Jean-Denis Girard wrote:
> Well, 1.0.5.16 is the official version on the grandstream site:
> http://www.grandstream.com/y-downloads.htm. I only installed it last
> friday, so I'm not sure it is better or worse now.
> I was using 1.0.5.11 before, and was not aware of the non-reregistering
> problem, which would explain why the phone would not ring. Now using the
> static IP the phone no longer need to register, so I may safely go back
> to 1.0.5.11, right?

Unfortunately that's not correct. Try this (with static IP):

Set up the phone's re-register delay to a say 5 minutes. Save & Reboot.
Call once. Phone rings. Wait 6 minutes. Call again. Phone doesn't ring
and if you have something other than Dial() for that extension, say
voicemail, it activates. My solution was to put a large value for the
timeout, and reboot reboot reboot. This is true with 1.0.5.11, not sure
about 1.0.5.16, as I rolled back from it as the message button wasn't
working, sending only 'INVITE:' instead of the full SIP message to call
the voicemail extension.