[Asterisk-Users] spandsp problem

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Sun Nov 14 11:05:03 MST 2004

Steve Underwood wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>

> What happens with 0.0.2pre4? For most people that version gives better
> results than 0.0.1k. It seems to fix most of the quirks people have had.
>

> spandsp says we have more pages to send. The remote fax machine sends a
> disconnect message and hangs up. It sounds like the remote fax machine
> is at fault. Does it always fail with one machine, and succeed with
> another? Some machines can be set to receive a maximum of X pages. Could
> it be soemthing like that.
>

> Try to get 0.0.2 working. It works well enough for other people than it
> is about to loose its "pre" status.

With 0.0.2pre4, the new HP5510 is able to receive a multiple page fax
from spandsp.  However, the HP3150 does not connect.

I'm not getting the debug messages that I got with 0.0.1k.  How can I
enable these messages?

Also, I'm running asterisk-1.0.2.  Should I be using HEAD with -0.0.2?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael Welter