[Asterisk-Users] Simple Question

asterixnews at las2k.cjb.net asterixnews at las2k.cjb.net
Sun Nov 14 09:44:12 MST 2004

Hi there, I was wondering if you'd be able to answer a question for me. I
want to run an asterix system in my house. My main goal is for it to pick up
my landline (via a modem) and then have a push button system i.e. push one
for luke push two for john.etc and then divert it to the desired voip phone
which will run off my Ethernet lan.

Is this quite simple to set up and can I attach asterix to my landline via a
standard modem?

In the future I want to use a service provider so I can have a tru internet
phone.

Many thanks

Luke Sheldrick