[Asterisk-Users] (newbie) no dialtone on a TDM400P card

Thomas Andrews tandrews at grok.co.za
Sun Nov 14 05:53:13 MST 2004

Hi Cirelle,

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 07:28:56AM -0500, Cirelle Enterprises wrote:

> you might have to power the box down - no power for
> the modules to load  (appears to be common for this card)
> if that is the case, do a search on tdm in the email archive
> as there is a fix for the reboot problem

I'm afraid I don't understand this sentence. I did power the machine
down to make sure that the power was indeed plugged in. Are you saying
there's a startup problem with these cards.

> module 1 (closest to the top of the bracket (furthest from the pci connector)
> is for the phone line
> module 2 is for the handset

I don't agree, but perhaps I'm wrong. The green module (fxs) is number 1
and the red module (fxo) is number 2. As I understand it you plug the
handset into the green one (fxs). Not so ?

Thanks for the help.
Thomas