[Asterisk-Users] SysMaster and GPL Violation

Gilad Ben-Yossef gilad at codefidence.com
Sun Nov 14 02:08:13 MST 2004

Joe Greco wrote:

> The GPL is fundamentally flawed in that it's never been functionally tested
> and challenged in court, and many IP lawyers believe that there are
> challenges that it would not survive.  The fact that some lawyers may have
> found further legal loopholes to exploit is not shocking, given the holes
> in the current implementation.

Actually, this is not true. The GPL was tested in a Germen court and
survived very well thank you very much.

But this is not the most improtant point. The important point is this:

The target of a good license (or any legal document for that matter) is
not to "survive" in court. The purpose of a good license is to be so
iron clad clear that it never ever gets into court in the first place.

And this, my friend, is something the GPL has done *very well*.

Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <gilad at codefidence.com>
Codefidence. A name you can trust(tm)
Web: http://codefidence.com  | SIP: gilad at pbx.codefidence.com
Tel: +972.9.8650475 ext. 201 | Fax:  +972.9.8850643

"I am Jack's Overwritten Stack Pointer"
	-- Hackers Club, the movie