[Asterisk-Users] Best setup for BudgeTone

Jean-Denis Girard jd.girard at sysnux.pf
Sat Nov 13 17:23:31 MST 2004

Hi all,

I'd like to know what's most reliable configuration for BudgeTone 101 in
the following setup:

                    PSTN

Legacy phones == Alcatel Omnipcx == QuadBRI-Asterisk1

                                         | IAX trunk

                                   Asterisk2 == 25 Bugetone 101

System works, but people complain about frequent disconnect (hangups),
or phone not ringing. I've read the wiki, but information seems a bit old.

This is extracted from sip.conf:

[362]
type=friend
context=interne
callerid=xyz <xxx362>
;host=dynamic
host=192.168.4.42
username=362
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833

(similar entry for every phone). The phones are configured as
recommended on the wiki. I recently moved to static IP but it doesn't
seem to improve reliability.

BT firmware is 1.0.5.16, and asterisk is stable version (1.0.2).

Any advice to improve reliability (ie no disconnect nor phone not
ringing) is welcome :)

Thanks,
Jean-Denis