[Asterisk-Users] pressing a key to get out of voicemail?

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Nov 12 18:34:06 MST 2004

Paul Fielding wrote:

> I've currently got Asterisk configured to take incoming calls and send
> them directly to my voicemail.  I'd prefer to keep this approach rather
> than sending people to a menu first.
>

> What I want to be able to do is have voicemail come up, but if someone
> presses a key, such as 9 or 8 or perhaps a combo 98 or such, have it
> break out of voicemail and let me authenticate a password, and upon
> succeeding let me back into a dialplan so I can dial extensions or
> another outside line.

This is from "show application voicemail"

If the caller presses '0' (zero) during the prompt, the call jumps to
extension 'o' in the current context.
If the caller presses '*' during the prompt, the call jumps to
extension 'a' in the current context.

Of course if you press # it will exit out of voicemail to.  Voicemail
will even TELL you to press # after leacing a message.  Once voicemail
exits, of course the dialplan will continue at the next priority.